Every Fairy Tale Is Beautiful....But Ours Is My Favorite!!!

Tuesday, October 16, 2012

P.U.P.P.S (I wrote this before I had Hunter...but never posted it!)

I am the lucky 1 out of 200 pregnant ladies that has Pruritic Urticarial Papules and Plaques of Pregnancy.

Aug 8th is when a rash appeared on my stomach and the itching was unbearable! I was at work and had to make a trip to Smiths to get some calamine lotion to see if it would settle the itching down. I was going CRAZY! (little did I know what was ahead...)

The calamine lotion would soothe it for a while....so I would re-apply it over and over and over to try from scratching my belly completely off! I went to my doctors appointment on the 10th and while he was measuring my belly he noticed the rash and asked if I had been experiencing any itching....."UM, YES!!" he then asked if the rash was on my legs? I said "No" so he prescribed me a steroid cream and I went on my way thinking "Whew, what a relief this miracle cream is going to do for me!!" It helped so much more than the calamine lotion...I was going to live! (still little did I know what was ahead...)

Sunday the 12th is when these bumps started showing up on my legs...and they ITCHED!

 It started to spread and get worse...
 and worse...
 This ITCHY rash attacked my legs, feet, arms, hands, stomach, butt, arm pits, and back. IT WAS EVERYWHERE! and I had a bottle of steroid cream that was oh about I........................I that size!
I tried taking oatmeal baths and baking soda baths- didn't help!
I itched so bad that I think I became suicidal!!!
I can't even describe how it felt.....it itched SO BAD.....but if you scratched it would only intensify the itch....and then you couldn't scratch hard or fast enough and you couldn't stop and then it would almost itch so bad it burned. It was MADDENING!! I would breakdown BAWLING! I couldn't take it!

After 4 days of HELL....literally! It was the 16th and I had another doctors appointment at 3:30. At 4 am that morning I finally broke down and woke Wes up. Told him that he would have to take the day off work because we were going to the doctors as soon as they opened.

They couldn't see me until 1 pm

I finally got into see my doctor and he couldn't believe it....He hadn't seen Pupps in forever and all the sudden me and another one of his patients carrying twin boys got it! Lucky us! :)

He prescribed me an oral medication and said that he hoped it would work...it was the only thing that he could do for me. Most the time the only thing to cure Pupps is giving birth.

I itched, itched, itched, itched, itched times a million praying that I would soon get some relief!

My neighbor found out that I had Pupps so she researched up on it and brought over Lavender, Peppermint and Frankincense oils and told me to put them in my bath water. I put a few drops of each in the bath and jumped in...when I got out the peppermint oils made my skin feel like ice and would relieve the itching for a while.

After many breakdowns and shaking episodes of trying not to scratch or scratching uncontrolably on the 18th Wes put two and two together and came up with the idea of carrying a bag of ice! Wish we would of thought of this one sooner! Bags of ice are now my new BEST FRIEND!

Not only do I crave eating ice....but now my body lives in ice! :)

This is what I look like now...

The itching is doing much better and I am so grateful...I can now stand it...and keep calm (for the most part)


No comments:

Post a Comment